25 Oct 2017

Creative Festivals all over the place

This coming weekend the  Danish craft community will gather at the Creative Days' festival in Fredericia. While still living in Denmark I never got my act together to go. This I regret, and I wish I could be there immersing myself in plentiful creative inspiration and outlets.



I think there must be some sort of secret alliance across to Globe to run all of the creative festivals in October.  Over the last few weeks Instagram has been inundated with pictures of squishy yarn and happy faces. The Sheep and Wool show in  Rhinebeck apparently is the big thing for the yarn community in the States. All of the posts showed so much yummy yarn.

In Scandinavian the community of yarn lovers were gathered in Oslo, Norway, for Oslo StrikkefestivalWith all the social media awareness from all of you guys it felt like I was there with you. Isn't it amazing how we can share our interests and love for woolly goodness all across the world. 

In my neck of the woods, Fibrefest, a paradise for all wool folk here in Australia, was on in Hunter Valley this Sunday. I would have loved walking between the pop-up shops and put my hands on all the lovely yarn and more importantly get to meet like minded people from the Aussie craft community, but the family had other plans, but next year - for sure I will be there. 

If you hear of other creative gatherings, festivals etc here in the Sydney area, please let me know.

Back to the CreativeDays' festival in Denmark.
Everyone will be there. It is massive. The biggest creative trade show in Denmark, I think (please correct me if I'm wrong). Garnpusher.dk will also be there. Pass by their booth, and you will see all their lovely yarns and all the beautiful colors.

For my 'Agnes', a generous comfy shawl that wraps around as a warm hug, I used a combination of two of their yarns, Coast (cotton/wool blend) and Super kid mohair, in soft sandy grey tone. You will be able to purchase Agnes as a kit in this color combo, but should you fancy other colors, there are plenty to choose from and you can buy the Agnes pattern either at the stall or on Ravelry. Go check it out. The pattern is available in English and in Danish.

For those who are going, I wish you a great weekend, say HI to everyone I know, and post plenty of pictures sot we can all indulge in Danish knitting designs and be updated on what's hot among Danish knitters.



For us who do not have the opportunity, let's take out our favorite project and indulge in the lush of soft yarns running through our fingers.
Have a great week everyone. 

3 comments:

  1. Not kid SILK mohair, but SUPER kid mohair. Quite a difference to the wrong side, when it's about comfyness.
    With regards from Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the correction, and you are right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A logo is the realistic constituent of an item's image, which is made utilizing an uncommon arrangement or textual style. It is expected to make an effect and seem understandable in the meantime. logo design service

    ReplyDelete